Know More about ipl-photofacial Treatments
Lumecca™ is the most advanced intense pulsed light (IPL) technology currently available to Toronto-area patients of Dr. Deborah Seib. Lumecca™ IPL works through a process called photothermolysis, which involves destroying unwanted cells with heat. The Lumecca™ IPL handheld device safely delivers that heat through precisely controlled bursts of broad-spectrum light, which is three times more powerful than the light emitted from older IPL systems. Lumecca™ is also optimized for light and dark skin, so Dr. Seib recommends this gentle, non-abrasive treatment for the following indications:
- Reduce hyperpigmentation by lightening brown spots
- Diminish the appearance of broken capillaries and spider veins
- Reduce facial redness and pimples associated with rosacea
- Decrease fine lines and wrinkles
- Eliminate age spots and freckles
- Reverse many signs of sun damage
- Minimize large pores
- Smooth skin surface texture
This advanced Lumecca™ IPL system delivers impressive results, often with just one treatment, helping patients achieve brighter, clearer, younger-looking skin.
Although the device used is essential to good IPL results, the skill of the user is as important, if not more so. Mississauga-based physician Dr. Deborah Seib has a medical degree, extensive training, and nearly 20 years of experience administering laser-based therapies to help her patients improve the texture and appearance of their skin.
She knows how to calibrate each device for different skin tones and conditions so that patients achieve beautiful results without injuring the surrounding skin.
IPL therapy is also referred to as a photofacial or fotofacial, and though many practices offer it, the technologies used can differ considerably. Dr. Deborah Seib prefers the advanced Lumecca™ device because it offers numerous benefits over older IPL systems:
- Improved aesthetic results with fewer treatments
- High peak power and optimal spectrum output
- Greater control over treatment area for reduced injury to surrounding tissues
- Improved comfort with a strong sapphire cooling tip
- Reduced post-treatment flushing and recovery time
For patients from the Toronto area, Dr. Deborah Seib most commonly performs Lumecca™ IPL photofacial treatments on the face, neck, and chest. Some patients also elect to treat arms, hands, and small skin imperfections on the body.
The number of treatments will depend on the type and severity of the condition and the desired results. During your initial consultation with Dr. Seib, she will evaluate your skin and help you create a treatment and maintenance plan to meet your individual aesthetic goals.
The Lumecca™ IPL photofacial is an office procedure that can be completed in 30 to 60 minutes, depending on the size and number of treatment areas.
The following is a general overview of the Lumecca™ IPL Fotofacial:
- Patients will first thoroughly cleanse their skin.
- After fitting the patient with protective eye goggles, Dr. Seib will apply a thick layer of cool gel to the treatment area(s). She will then use the Lumecca handheld device to deliver bright flashes of light to each treatment area. Patients generally experience a sensation that feels like a rubber band snapping against the skin, but built-in cooling typically minimizes any discomfort.
- After treatment, the skin will feel warm for approximately 24 hours, and the treated areas may become redder, darker, or generally more pronounced.
- When treating brown spots, the areas may resemble coffee grounds. They will eventually flake off within 7 to 14 days on their own, and it is important not to remove them prematurely. Doing so can lead to scarring or discoloration.
- Dr. Seib instructs patients to apply high-SPF sunscreen and avoid sun exposure during the healing phase.
Patients can expect to resume their normal activities immediately, with only slight redness at the treatment site. If they wish, they may conceal any discoloration with makeup. Results are noticeable within a few days, but the skin continues to become clearer and younger-looking over the following week or two. Depending on your individual goals, Dr. Seib's may recommend Lumecca IPL as either a standalone treatment or a part of a combined treatment package that may also include Fractora™ Laser Skin Resurfacing, dermal fillers, BOTOX® Cosmetic, and more.