Know More about Our Botox Treatments
Botox injections are a non-invasive, non-surgical method of treatment to address moderate to severe wrinkles or frown lines on the face and brows. It is administered by placing small injections into the underlying muscles, causing them to relax and soften the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Laser & Vein Cosmetics Dr. Deborah Seib has had more than ten years of experience helping patients look their best. You can be assured of receiving the highest level of care and attention. Improvement is noticeable within a few days of treatment and often lasts as long as four months.
Botox Cosmetic is a purified non-animal protein that, when expertly injected into selected facial and neck muscles, will improve the look of moderate-to-severe lines. Botox injections work by temporarily blocking the nerve impulses to the injected muscles, thus reducing muscle activity that causes persistent lines to form on the face and neck.
Botox must be administered by a healthcare professional and is a low discomfort, nonsurgical treatment. Botox injections can also be expertly used to produce a non-surgical Botox Browlift, Botox Cheek lift, Botox Corner of the Mouth Lift, and Botox Neck Lift effects.
Dynamic wrinkles are caused by contractions of the delicate underlying facial muscles every time you smile, laugh, or frown. The more emotion you show, the deeper these wrinkles and lines are likely to be. Left untreated, these lines may become permanent.
Now frown lines, crows feet, and forehead lines can be dramatically softened or eliminated. This procedure, known as cosmetic denervation, uses Botox injections to improve the appearance of worry lines, frown lines, laugh lines, crow's feet, and other dynamic wrinkles.
Botox®, a neurotoxin, blocks impulses from the nerve to the facial muscles that are related to expression lines. Botox® relaxes the muscles so they do not contract. After treatment, the overlying skin becomes smooth and unwrinkled, while the untreated facial muscles contract in a normal fashion, allowing normal facial expression to be unaffected.
Botox® injections have been used safely and effectively for over fifteen years to treat many ophthalmologic and neurological disorders. Every year hundreds of thousands of patients receive Botox treatments® for a variety of conditions, and it is now an accepted safe and popular treatment for reversing the visible signs of aging as well as excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis).
In the hands of well trained, experienced injectors, the cosmetic use of Botox® has shown no signs of short-term or long-term risk to the patient.
Botox® is approved for excessive underarm sweating (hyperhidrosis) which cannot be treated effectively with topical agents such as prescription antiperspirants.
Botox® treatment helps control excessive underarm sweating by temporarily blocking the chemical signals from nerves which stimulate the sweat glands to secrete sweat When the sweat glands don't receive chemical signals, sweating stops. Botox® treatment for hyperhidrosis is very effective and normally lasts 4-6 months. Contact our office in Mississauga today for further information!
- Who is a candidate for Botox?
- What happens during a Botox injection treatment?
- How long will a Botox treatment last?
- What areas can be treated with Botox?
- What is the cost of Botox?
- Botox Cosmetic, introduced in 2002, is the first botulinum toxin to be approved for stubborn frown lines between the brows.
- Botox Cosmetic has been the most popular of all doctor-administered non-surgical aesthetic procedures for seven years running.
- Approximately 11.8 million Botox Cosmetic procedures have been administered by doctors in the United States and Canada since 2002.
- Aesthetic Medicine & Veins patients surveyed were very satisfied with the results of their Botox Cosmetic experience.
- Your Aesthetic Medicine & Veins Botox treatment may be combined with soft tissue fillers (dermal fillers) to enhance your treatment result. A Soft tissue filler (Restylane, Juvederm, Radiesse, Voluma) is a smooth consistency gel made of hyaluronic acid—a naturally occurring substance in your skin that helps to add volume and hydration. A doctor can use soft tissue dermal fillers for overall facial volume, lip enhancement, cheek enhancement, and under-eye hollows (tear troughs).
- Your Aesthetic Medicine & Veins Botox injection may be combined with many of our other skin rejuvenation treatments and skincare peels to enhance your results and to achieve a non-surgical facelift.